Banana Republic Fall 2010 RTW Collection

Here is my top 6 picks from the Banana Republic Fall 2010 RTW Collection:


Nice and simple yet chic. Love the tweed jacket! Adore the shoes as well. I have been meaning to find some oxford shoes to see if I like them or not.


The sweater with the little lace peeping out in the chest is just adorable. Added with the ruffle skirt and leopard print belt is just adorable! And can I say, I want this handbag!?


I love trench coats in the fall season. Not only are they very classy but they also look great with anything! The way the coat and outfit is styled is just a fun way to mix up the usual coat "look"


I really like tweed during the fall. It looks very chic and timeless. Paired with a silk blouse or cashmere sweater looks rich and fabulous. I love the skirt and jacket here. Paired with a ruffle skirt adds a little bit of "girly" to the outfit.


I had to add this one. You all know I am obsessed with fur this season. Maybe because it makes me look rich. A girl can dream right? Anyways, the light color in the fur brings out the rest of the outfit. I might have to try out this look this season as I already have a faux fur vest!


I see fringe also coming back this fall but not as much as last year. All the layers look well put together and not overdone. I like how all the colors are in the same palette and still look amazing.

Review of the Collection:

I am quite impressed with this collection. With most collections I wouldn't wear the whole outfit as it is too much out there. With this collection I can see myself wearing every outfit entirely. Especially the second one. I love over-sized sweaters, anything with ruffles and leopard print! So it has my name stamped on it. The one with the faux fur vest also called my name. Usually you see a dark colored faux fur vest so it is refreshing to see a lighter colored one. Also it can really bring out your outfit, especially if it is all monochromatic or dark colored.
This collection was inspired by the military trend. It is a hot trend right now!
According to Simon Kneen from Style.com, "It's all about the modern mix," he said backstage. "Formalwear mixed with casual attire and sportswear."
I agree with this statement. Mixing all these things can create an unique look. Which I love!



Whats your view on the collection?


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I will be posting daily updates from New York Fashion Week as well! So stay tuned for that! :)