A Year of Keeping The Weight Off!




This week is my one year anniversary of keeping my weight loss of 80 pounds off. Yes, that was really me over a year ago! I started the weight loss journey in the beginning of summer of 2009. I walked in Curves one day, for I don't know what reason but to just check it out. Something just clicked and I said to myself, I want to loose weight. At first I was just thinking of loosing 40 or so pounds. At my first weigh in I was shocked, I had no idea I weighed 223 pounds. I was like, I need to do this. Not because I wanted to look better but for my health.
The first month I lost 12 pounds. I was so happy and proud of myself for working so hard. I just kept going and I just wanted to keep loosing more! About half way I set the goal for myself to reach size 6. At the start I was size 16. And I did!
I am now size 6 and weigh in at 145 pounds. I am 5'8" for those who are asking, which makes my BMI average, which at the start I was in the category Obese.

This journey has been the most challenging and rewarding thing I have ever done in my life.
I was always overweight and after college I just let it go. The biggest reason was because I wasn't eating the right things and didn't exercise.
This is the smallest I ever been in my whole life, and I never felt this good and healthy at the same time! Sometimes when I go shopping and I look at my size and think I could never fit into that! But I do and that is the most rewarding feeling.
I think the most challenging part for me was the exercising. Most people gain weight because of emotional issues. I just eat the wrong things and not the right way. I would not eat that much all day and then overeat at night. Which kills your metabolism.

Here are some tips on keeping the weight off:

- If you have just lost a ton of weight and have been dieting for a very long time you have to ease your body back into eating more. I was eating 1500 calories a day so every week I would increase my calorie limit by 100 calories. It took four weeks till I saw that about 1900 calories kept my weight off. Everyone will be different and you just have to test it out to see.

- An average person should be eating 2000 calories a day.

- I still exercised the same amount and every 3-5 days.

- It is OK to indulge! I eat chocolate, and pizza, and pasta but... in moderation. I treat myself once a week but I don't overeat any of it.

- And as always, keep eating healthy and don't start eating junk food again! Oh and exercise - hehe ;)


Please pass this inspiration along to anyone who is looking to loose weight. You can do it, it is not impossible! You have to WANT to loose weight. Not because you want to look better but because you want to improve your health. It is a lifestyle change and you must be willing to change your life in the process.

Good luck to any of you who are on the weight loss journey. Let me know if you would like to see a FAQ page on weight loss tips and weight management! Or if you have any personal questions!

You can do it! ;)